M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> I suggest that we keep Jeremy's checkins in 2.3. Hopefully during the
>> alpha or beta release cycle we will find out if there *really* are
>> still platforms with broken compilers. At worst, it will show up
>> after 2.3 final is released, and then we can fix it in 2.3.1. You
>> won't have to target mx for 2.3 for another 18 months (assuming the
>> PBF ever releases Python-in-a-Tie).
>>> It's easy enough for me to add the #defines to the
> support header file if you take it out of the distribution,
> so it wouldn't hurt.
Just an addition: please leave the configure test in the
distribution. While I could implement that using distutils
as well, I would rather benefit from relying on config.h
doing the right thing in case there are some newly broken
compilers out there, e.g. the xlC one on AIX seems to be
a very picky one...
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH
_______________________________________________________________________
eGenix.com -- Makers of the Python mx Extensions: mxDateTime,mxODBC,...
Python Consulting: http://www.egenix.com/
Python Software: http://www.egenix.com/files/python/